A German blogger has named some of the acts shortlisted for the 2018 German Eurovision ticket.
Next year's participant is to be selected on 22 February from a mix of public voting, a panel of 100 German music fans and a jury of international experts. You'd think this would mean a decent song and singer, but let's wait and see.
Right now, the panel is involved in workshops to narrow down around 200 longlisted acts to a shortlist of twenty. Five will ultimately make the televised grand final: Unser Lied für Lissabon.
NDR will then work with the chosen acts to match them to songs (rejected by major record labels).
So far, the shortlist is heavy on talent show rejects.
- Danyal Demir (Voice of Germany participant)
- Lara Trautmann/Lara Loft (Voice of Germany participant)
- Ivy Quainoo (Voice of Germany winner)
- Vinh Khuat (Voice of Germany participant)
- VoXXclub (pictured)
- Juan Geck (Voice of Germany participant)
- LauraAubreyWanja - Laura Kästel, Aubrey Bacani & Wanja Janeva
- ZweiLand (Jay Oh (Germany's Got Talent winner) & Diana Schneider)
- Xavier Darcy
- Ryk (Former member of FOXOS)
- Steal a taxi (Group)
- Boris Alexander Stein (Voice of Germany participant)
More artists are expected to be named in the run up to Christmas. We'll add them here as we hear more.