Icelandic broadcaster RÚV is hoping to break a string of poor results at Eurovision in 2018.
After three successive songs missed the grand final, this year hopes rest on whichever one of twelve songs get the golden ticket to Lisbon.
Six songs take part in each of two semi-finals, held on February 10 and 17. The three songs that earn the most phone-in votes in each semi-final will then compete in the final at Laugardalshöll on March 3. RÚV also has the right to select a wild card entry for the finals ... just in case their favoured entry fails to make the cut.
And here's another fun fact: As of 2017, Iceland is the only Northern European country that has yet to win the Eurovision Song Contest.
Here are the songs, with links to a preview of each
- Áttan – Hér með þér/Here for you
- Stefanía Svavarsdóttir, Agnes Marinósdóttir & Regína Lilja Magnúsdóttir – Svaka stuð/Heart attack
- Aron Hannes – Golddigger/Gold digger
- Þórunn Antonía – Ég mun skína/Shine
- Heimilistónar – Kúst og fæjó
- Þórir Geir Guðmundsson & Gyða Margrét Kristjánsdóttir – Brosa/With you
- Tómas Helgi Wehmeier & Sólborg Guðbrandsdóttir – Ég og þú/Think it through
- Ari Ólafsson – Heim/Our choice
- Dagur Sigurðarson – Í stormi/Saviour
- Guðmundur Þórarinsson – Litir/Colours
- Rakel Pálsdóttir – Óskin mín/My wish
- Fókus hópurinn – Aldrei gefast upp/Battleline